Uber hailed a new lead for its expanding health business on Thursday, naming Caitlin Donovan its newest general manager and head of health.
Donovan comes to the ride-sharing company from orthodontist platform myOrthos, where she served as chief operating officer. She’ll step into a role first helmed by Dan Trigub, who steered Uber Health through a period of rapid growth centered around non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT).
Unlock this article by subscribing to STAT+ and enjoy your first 30 days free!
What is it?
STAT+ is STAT's premium subscription service for in-depth biotech, pharma, policy, and life science coverage and analysis. Our award-winning team covers news on Wall Street, policy developments in Washington, early science breakthroughs and clinical trial results, and health care disruption in Silicon Valley and beyond.
- Daily reporting and analysis
- The most comprehensive industry coverage from a powerhouse team of reporters
- Subscriber-only newsletters
- Daily newsletters to brief you on the most important industry news of the day
- STAT+ Conversations
- Weekly opportunities to engage with our reporters and leading industry experts in live video conversations
- Exclusive industry events
- Premium access to subscriber-only networking events around the country
- The best reporters in the industry
- The most trusted and well-connected newsroom in the health care industry
- And much more
- Exclusive interviews with industry leaders, profiles, and premium tools, like our CRISPR Trackr.
Health Tech Correspondent, San Francisco
Erin is a California-based health tech reporter and the co-author of the STAT Health Tech newsletter.
[email protected] @erbrod linkedin.com/in/erinbrodwin/ Trending FDA says it will ban all menthol cigarettes and… FDA says it will ban all menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars Comparing the Covid-19 vaccines developed by Pfizer, Moderna, and… Comparing the Covid-19 vaccines developed by Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson The story of mRNA: How a once-dismissed idea became… The story of mRNA: How a once-dismissed idea became a leading technology in the Covid vaccine… Recommended Did someone say patent thicket? AbbVie CEO to testify… Did someone say patent thicket? AbbVie CEO to testify before Congress about drug pricing tactics Global spending on medicines could hit $1.6 trillion by… Global spending on medicines could hit $1.6 trillion by 2025 — and that doesn’t include Covid-19… Lander fends off controversy, pledges broader access to STEM… Lander fends off controversy, pledges broader access to STEM careers during Senate confirmation hearing
More in Health Tech
By Erin Brodwin
By Katie Palmer
By Erin Brodwin
By Casey Ross